Students who receive the ASPIRE Scholarship will:
- Live in the Discovery Living and Learning Community for 2 years
- Participate in First-Year Studies Classes as a group
- Be paired with a faculty mentor, LLC Peer Advisors, and mentors through the Appalachian Mentoring Program (AMP)
- Receive funds to help with travel to campus for orientation and several trips home
- Participate in special events for your family during Parents Weekend
- Eligible for funded summer internships after their sophomore year
Additional funding above the ASPIRE scholarship may be available through the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number generated by the FAFSA determines your eligibility. Some awards have limited funding, and they are available on a first-come, first-served basis. More information can be found on their site. Your first step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). UT’s federal school code is 003530.
Maintaining the Scholarship
To maintain the ASPIRE Scholarship, students must remain enrolled as a full-time student making satisfactory progress in an Arts & Sciences STEM major, remain in the Discovery Living Learning Community through the first two years, participate in a mentoring program, and maintain good academic standing using criteria comparable to those for maintaining eligibility for the HOPE scholarship.
For additional information contact the ASPIRE Program Manager, Kylie Leeper, at email@example.com